The Las Vegas lender must disclose a good faith estimate of all settlement costs in a Las Vegas real estate transaction. A check to cover your closing costs will probably have to be a cashier’s check. The Las Vegas title company or other entity conducting the closing will tell you the required amount for:
- Loan origination fees
- Points, or loan discount fees, you pay to receive a lower interest rate
- Appraisal fee for the Las Vegas real estate
- Credit report
- Private mortgage insurance premium
- Insurance escrow for homeowners insurance, if being paid as part of the mortgage
- Property tax escrow, if being paid as part of the mortgage. Lenders keep funds for taxes and insurance in escrow accounts as they are paid with the mortgage, then pay the insurance or taxes for you.
- Deed recording fees
- Title insurance policy premiums
- Inspection fees—building inspection, termites, etc.
- Notary fees
- Prorations for your share of costs, such as utility bills and property taxes
A Note About Prorations: Because such costs are usually paid on either a monthly or yearly basis, you might have to pay a bill for services used by the sellers before they moved. Proration is a way for the Las Vegas home sellers to pay you back or for you to pay them for bills they may have paid in advance. For example, the Las Vegas gas company usually sends a bill each month for the gas used during the previous month. But assume you buy the home on the 6th of the month. You would owe the gas company for only the days from the 6th to the end for the month. The seller would owe for the first five days. The bill would be prorated for the number of days in the month, and then each person would be responsible for the days of his or her ownership of the Las Vegas real estate.
Knowing these closing costs for buyers of Las Vegas real estate will help stop possible delays or cancellation of your purchase agreement because you wouldn’t be told the unexpected.
Selling, buying or refinancing a piece of Las Vegas Real Estate today? Visit Fine Homes Real Estate for more information and VIP representation by a Las Vegas Luxury Real Estate REALTOR for investment Las Vegas Real Estate, 1031 exchange, condos such as Trump, Turnberry, Allure, Panorama Tower, The Signature, W Residences, RED Rock Residences, commercial, residential and Las Vegas land.