Las Vegas CineVegas Honors 2006 Festival Actors
- Box Office Location:
- Palms Casino Resort
- Brenden Theatres
- 4321 W. Flamingo Rd.
- Las Vegas, NV 89103
- Box Office Hours:
- 12pm-8pm, May 21 - June 8
- 12pm-9:30pm, June 9 - 17
- Phone Sales:
- May 22 - June 8
Eighth annual film fest to honor actors Laurence Fishburne, Helen Mirren, and Christina Ricci, along with director Taylor Hackford; actor/filmmaker Sylvester Stallone will be presented with a special award; Festival to celebrate “Outlaw Cinema” with filmmaker panel.
LAS VEGAS – Further cementing its status as a world-class film festival dedicated to showcasing the most daring and brazen of independent and studio filmmaking, the 2006 CineVegas Film Festival will honor five entertainment icons who have made enduring contributions during the course of their widely-celebrated film careers. In addition, the eighth annual festival, returning to the Palms Casino Resort and Brenden Theaters from June 9-17, 2006 will present “Outlaw Cinema: The Impact and Influence of Dangerous Filmmaking,” a panel featuring some of today’s most though-provoking filmmakers. Director of Programming Trevor Groth announced today the following roster of honorees who will take center stage:
• June 11: 1:00pm - Filmmakers Abel Ferrara (Bad Lieutenant), James Fotopoulos (The Hard-Boiled Egg), Bobcat Goldthwait (Stay), Nina Menkes (Queen of Diamonds) and Gregg Araki (Mysterious Skin) will participate in a moderated panel entitled “Outlaw Cinema: The Impact and Influence of Dangerous Filmmaking.” Answering questions about censorship and what taboos are left to explore in cinema, these maverick filmmakers will bring to light how cinema is important not just for its strong imagery and challenging stories, but how often-controversial films affect culture and mainstream movies.
• June 12: 7:00pm – A festival “Half-Life Award” will be given to Academy Award nominee Laurence Fishburne (What’s Love Got to Do With It), who will participate in a conversation with a moderator before a screening of director Laurence Malkin’s 2005 thriller “Five Fingers,” co-starring Ryan Phillippe.
• June 14: 6:30pm – The “CineVegas and Brenden Theatres Star” will be given to Academy Award nominated actor/writer/director Sylvester Stallone in honor of the 30th Anniversary of his Oscar-winning Rocky, followed by a special screening of the classic film.
• June 16: 2:00pm – The “Vanguard Director Award” will be presented to Academy Award-winning filmmaker Taylor Hackford (Ray), who will participate in a moderated discussion preceded by a screening of Chuck Berry Hail! Hail! Rock ‘n’ Roll, awarded 1987’s Best Documentary by the National Board of Review, followed by a screening of his Golden Globe-winning 1980 feature debut The Idolmaker.
• June 16: 6:00pm – The “Marquee Award” will be presented to two-time Academy Award nominee Helen Mirren (The Madness of King George, Gosford Park), who will participate in a conversation with a moderator before a screening of her Emmy-award-winning performance in the 1999 tele-film, “The Passion of Ayn Rand.”
• June 17: 4:00pm – A “Half-Life Award” will be given to Golden Globe nominated actress Christina Ricci (The Opposite of Sex), with the actress to participate in a moderated conversation before a screening of the acclaimed, Don Roos-directed 1998 comedy.
“One of the greatest thrills of programming a festival as unique and diverse as CineVegas is being able to honor actors and filmmakers who have made lasting marks in the varied kinds of films that we thrive on. Whether in massive studio films or no-budget independents, our honorees all have the ability to unleash an impressive force that elevates them to the stratosphere of their respective fields,” says Trevor Groth, Director of Programming for the festival. “Having Laurence, Sylvester, Taylor, Helen and Christina join us this year to celebrate their remarkable careers is an extraordinary honor and privilege, and having filmmakers as fearless and wildly innovative as the ones on the ‘Outlaw Cinema’ panel adds to the excitement.”
Buying, selling or refinancing a piece of Las Vegas Real Estate today? Visit Fine Homes Real Estate for more information and VIP representation by a Las Vegas Luxury Real Estate REALTOR for investment Las Vegas Real Estate, 1031 exchange, condos such as Sky, Turnberry, Cosmopolitan, Panorama Tower, The Signature, W Residences, Allure, RED Rock Residences, commercial, residential and Las Vegas land.
Las Vegas CineVegas Honors 2006 Festival Actors.