The Ultimate Fighter 5 Finale Official Weigh In Results
The Ultimate Fighter 5 Finale
- Manny Gamburyan (155) vs Nate Diaz (155)
- Brandon Melendez (157*) vs Joe Lauzon (155)
- Allen Berube (153) vs Leonard Garcia (155)
- Brian Geraghty (155) vs Matt Wiman (156)
- Floyd Sword (185) vs Thales Leites (186)
- Roger Huerta (155) vs Doug Evans (154)
- Andy Wang (156) vs Cole Miller (155)
- Rob Emerson (155) vs Gray Maynard (155)
Melendez didn’t make weight for his Ultimate Fighting Championship mixed martial arts bout with Lauzon, and upon review with the doctors of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, it was determined that Melendez would not lose the pound to get to 156. The bout will go on as scheduled, with Melendez being fined 10 percent of his purse at The Ultimate Fighter 5 Finale.
Five and a half years ago Jens Pulver, the Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight champ winner, upset B.J. Penn, the man known as “The Prodigy,” the only non Brazilian ever to win the world Brazilian jujitsu championship.
June 23, 2007, both coaches on season five of Spike TV’s The Ultimate Fighter, a reality show where the winner secures a UFC fighter contract will throw down in the Octagon in the show finale at the Pearl in the Palms Las Vegas hotel.
PermalinkTags: ultimate fighter 5 finale, ultimate fighter 5 finale results, jens pulver, bj penn, ultimate fighter 5 winner, ufc, mixed martial arts, octagon, ultimate fighting championship | EMail This Post | Print This Post |